Monday, January 1, 2018

Baby, It's Cold...

Happy New Year Everyone. I don't know about you, but we are having such cold weather. We're breaking record temperatures and no one wants to go outside. My husband and I are flipping a coin to see who has to walk the dog in the mornings!!  So in honor of the bitter cold I have a snowy card to share with you today.

I started by die cutting the stitched collage frame from MFT out of white CS. Next I used the frame to mark off the collage sections onto a piece of water color paper and stamped the simply snowman image and the new greeting into the larger sections. After coloring the snowman with Copics, I stamped the interlocking snowflake background with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with clear EP. I covered the snowman with a mask and then sponged on some TH Distress Oxide inks for the sky. Once the inks dried, I attached the stitched collage frame to the water color paper and then attached everything to a white card base.

Hope you are staying warm!!  Right now there's no better place for me to be than in my craft room. It's upstairs and we all know heat rises. :-)

Thanks for stopping by today!

shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment