Thursday, January 11, 2018

Cupcake Inspiration Challeng

Today I have a birthday card inspired by the winter theme challenge at Cupcake Inspirations this week. Here's the yummy cupcake:


And here's the card I created.



I started by stamping the snowflake background image with VersaMark ink onto a piece of water color paper, heat embossed with white EP and then sponged on some TH Distress Oxide inks for my sky. While that dried I die cut the snow banks using some Fawn Lawn Stitched Hills dies. The tress were made with a Memory Box die and the snowman is from a La-La Land Crafts die. Once those pieces were die cut and glued together I put all the pieces onto the card front. Part of the greeting was stamped onto white CS, die cut and attached to the top left corner. The rest of the greeting was stamped on the bottom snow bank with Archival Jet Black ink. I added some white highlights to the snowman's eyes with a white gel pen.

With all the snow and cold weather we've been having I thought this would be perfect for a dear friend who has a birthday coming up soon.

Thanks for stopping by today.

blessings,
shelia

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous snowflake sky! The whole scene looks perfect. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations. Hugs, Ishani

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layered wintry background! Thank you for sharing your art with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete